Interventional Cardiology Experience
Dr. is an expert in complex angioplasty procedures and adept at the use of various devices required in performance of advanced angioplasty procedures.
He is one of the few cardiologists who has done intracranial stenting successfully as well as below knee stenting in patients. In addition he has successfully done percutaneous implantation of double ASD devices in a patient with 2 defects a feat accomplished only rarely by only a few Cardiologists. Dr. Bhalla has a vast experience in VSD closure of all sorts including periinfarct as well as congenital VSD’s.
- Graduate of Armed Forces Medical College, Pune: 1981
- Rotating Internship at Command Hospital Air Force, Bangalore: 1982
- Medical Officer Air Force Units: 1982 – 1986
- Post Graduate Training in Medicine at AFMC, Pune: 1986 – 1988
- Clinical Tutor/Senior Registrar Medicine at AFMC, Pune: 1989
- Medical Specialist at Army Hospital, Delhi Cantt: 1990 – 1994
- DM Cardiology at PGI Chandigarh: 1994 – 1996
- Cardiologist at Command Hospital Air Force, Bangalore: 1996 – 2002
- Professor of Medicine – Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- Also was Honorary Consultant to the Manipal Heart Foundation and the Wockhardt Hospital in Bangalore.
- Senior Interventional Cardiologist and Officer i/c Cardiac Cath Lab at Army Hospital R&R New Delhi: 2002 – 2004
Current comprehensive personal experience in Cardiology comprises of:
- Use of advanced interventional systems in complex PCI.
- Use of devices such as IVUS, Rotablator, distal protection and thrombectomy systems.
- VSD/ASD/PDA closures, and valvuloplasties.
- Implanting Pacemakers including Biventricular, Dual Chamber and AICD on a regular basis.
- Carotid and peripheral interventions including percutaneous Abdominal Aneurysm repair with stent grafts.
- Have developed special techniques for the performance of difficult PTMC’s.